Terms and Conditions
Please note: these terms and conditions may change from time to time and changes are effective upon posting. Please check back frequently for updates as it is your sole responsibility to be aware of changes. We do not provide notices of changes in any manner other than by posting the changes at this Website.
The Company may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. Please check back frequently to review the Terms and Conditions as it is your sole responsibility to be aware of changes. We do not provide notices of changes in any manner other than by posting the changes at this Website.
The terms "You" and "User" as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this Website for any reason. You hereby warrant and represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have the legal capacity to enter into agreements of this nature. The Company makes no representation or warranty that the content published on this site complies with the local laws of your jurisdiction. You are solely responsible for knowing and understanding your local laws concerning standards of content legality. You further represent and warrant that you understand the nature of the content published on this site, namely, information about employment opportunities, and that you voluntarily and knowingly choose to view such material. Should you be unable to affirmatively make the representations and warranties contained herein, do NOT use this Service or this Website.
This is a legal agreement which describes the terms and conditions applicable to your use of the Websites and the products and services provided through or in connection with the Websites (collectively "Service"), which may be updated by the Company from time to time without notice to you.
While the Company makes every effort to only list jobs which employers may want those in the community to know about, we are not responsible for the accuracy of our jobs and/or the contact information for those jobs and any consequences to our users that may follow from them applying to given jobs listed on the Company website. The inclusion of links on this site does not constitute an endorsement of the employer or a guarantee that a job even exists with a given employer. The Company assumes no liability whatsoever for the quality or legality of the jobs posted on its site, or whether or not employers are actually able to hire a candidate in response to a given job listing. Furthermore, the Company does not censor any position offered including, but not limited to, the identity of the employer.
While we have taken steps to ensure the accuracy of our job application process, the Company assumes no liability for the quality, legality or accuracy of your resume, cover letter, or other materials or our assistance in helping you transmit any of this information to an employer.
Information collected by the Company is limited to information that is applicable to employers seeking qualified job applicants. The Company does not request or collect personal information such as social security numbers, checking account numbers, or credit card numbers and advises visitors and Users of its Websites not to share such information with unknown Internet sites or individuals and to refrain from including any such information in a resume or job application.
1. Use of Material. The contents of the Websites, such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other content (the "Material"), are protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. All Material is the property of the Company or its content suppliers or clients. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Websites is the exclusive property of the Company and are copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights of the Company or their respective intellectual property owners. Unauthorized use of the Material may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service mark, and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy (permitted or not permitted) you make of any of the Material. Except as expressly authorized by the Company, You agree not to modify, copy, reproduce, sell, display, distribute, or create derivative works based on or contained within the Service or the Company's Material, in whole or in part. The use of the Material on any other Website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
The Company grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the Material on a single computer; provided that you do not copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reserve engineer, decompile, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Material. You agree not to modify the Material in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Material, including, without limitation, for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by the Company for use in accessing the Service.
The Company reserves the right to terminate the accounts of Users who violate this Agreement.
The Company and all of its affiliated companies respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users and content partners to do the same. The unauthorized reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of trademarked or copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the owner's rights. As a condition to your use of the Websites, you agree not to use the Websites to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. The Company will assist the respective owners of the various intellectual properties in order that they may protect their rights to the fullest extent of both domestic and international law. We reserve the right to take these actions at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice and without any liability to any User.
2. Acceptable Site Use. The Websites may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking to find out more information or purchase the various products offered on the Websites.
3. Prohibited Uses of the Websites. Users may not use or reference the Company's Websites in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material in violation of any applicable law or regulation, in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
Users are prohibited from:
- (a) accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access;
- (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- (c) attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Websites, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing";
- (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting;
- (f) using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Websites or any activity being conducted on the Websites;
- (g) taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website's infrastructure;
- (h) using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars and intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Websites other than the search engine and search agents available from the Company on the Websites as well as generally available third-party Web browsers;
- (i) attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Websites;
- (j) aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the materials or information available from the Websites;
- (k) framing of or linking to any of the materials or information available from the Websites unless authorized to do so;
- (l) providing false information of any kind.
The Company reserves the right to terminate the accounts of Users found to be engaging in any of these prohibited uses. Violations of this Agreement may result in civil or criminal liability. The Company will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and will cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
4. User Information. When you contact the Company, you may be asked to provide the Company with certain personal information including, without limitation, a valid email address ("Personal Information"). Please review the Privacy Policies found on the Websites to understand how the Company uses your Personal Information.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
THIS SITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE MATERIAL, SERVICE, AND INFORMATION FOUND ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURANCY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION: WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE FACE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
6. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (a) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE COMPANY'S SERVICE; (b) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES; (c) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (e) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, ACT OF GOD/ACT OF NATURE, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT RENDER LEGAL OR FINANCIAL ADVICE. THE COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, LOSS OR RISK INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BY THE USE OF THE WEBSITES, MATERIAL, AND SERVICE. IF YOU NEED LEGAL OR FINANCIAL ADVICE, PLEASE CONTACT QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS IN YOUR AREA.
THE COMPANY IS NOT INVOLVED WITH ANY DECISION-MAKING OR OFFERS MADE FROM COMPANIES OTHER THAN ITS OWN. THE COMPANY DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES WILL RESULT IN EMPLOYMENT.
7. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. Links to Other Sites. The Websites may contain links to third-party websites. The Company provides these links as a convenience only and does not endorse any of these sites. The Company is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Websites. If you decide to access linked third-party Websites, you do so at your own risk.
9. No Resale or Unauthorized Commercial Use. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion or use of, or access to the Websites, Service or Material.
10. Termination. The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies upon any breach by a User of this Agreement or if the Company is unable to verify or authenticate any information a User submits to the Websites.
11. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, shareholders, officers, contractors, vendors and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service or Material, the violation of the Agreement by you, or the infringement by you, or any other user of the Service or Material using your computer, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
12. Reserved Right of Refusal. The Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse fulfillment of your order, or refuse you any involvement with the Service or Material, or to delete your assigned User name and password if you breach any of the terms of this Agreement.
13. Modifications to Terms and Conditions. The Company reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service or Material (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service or any Material.
14. Email Policy. If you receive an email from the Company, its affiliates, advertisers, service providers, or other third parties, your email address was obtained as a result of either your express and voluntarily request to receive information from the Company, its affiliates, advertisers service providers, or other third parties or your existing relationship with the Company, its affiliates, advertisers, service providers, or other third parties. Each email sent contains an automated method to "opt out" of receiving additional emails from the Company or its affiliates. If you no longer wish to receive emails from the Company or its affiliates, please follow the instructions at the end of any email. If you remove your information from the Company's database, it will no longer be used by us for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties, or used by us or third parties to send promotional correspondence to you.
15. Detailed Wireless Policy. Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your name, address, cell phone number, your provider's name, and the date, time, and content of your messages. In addition to any fee of which you are notified, your provider's standard messaging rates apply to our confirmation and all subsequent SMS correspondence. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. SMS message services are provided on an "AS IS" basis. You may opt-out and remove your SMS information by sending "STOP", "END", or "QUIT" to the SMS text message you have received. If you remove your SMS information from our database, it will no longer be used by us for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties, or used by us or third parties to send promotional correspondence to you. You may also send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your wireless number and the words "Stop", "Quit", or "End" in the body to be removed.
16. Employer Posted Jobs. Employer posted jobs represent job opportunities at actual employers or through employment agencies. Career Network has received verification that each employer posted job listed on the Career Network web site constitutes a job opening at the time the employer posted job was initially listed. However, it is possible that certain of the employer posted jobs have subsequently been filled. Career Network removes each job listing as requested by the employer.
In some instances registered employers and/or employment agencies request that Career Network repost jobs posted on their website onto the Career Network site. These are classified as Employer posted jobs
Feature Jobs. The job description appearing on the prior screen is a description of a Feature Job. A Feature Job is not an actual job. Rather, it constitutes a representative description of actual jobs contained on the Career Network's web site that you can apply for once you have completed Career Networks' Job Application. Upon completion of the Job Application screens, you will be taken to a screen that contains job descriptions of employer posted jobs, and you will be able to elect which jobs, if any, you want to apply for. You application will automatically be sent to the employer whose job is listed.
Why does Career Network use Feature Jobs instead of listing each job listing on other websites?
The Company utilizes Feature Jobs listing on other web sites as a means of simplifying the job search and application process for job seekers and the employers. For example:
- Reduces Redundant Job Listings - By advertising Feature Jobs on other web sites rather than advertising each individual job separately, the Company is able to use just one listing to bring you to the Career Network web site. Once here, you are able to access all of the jobs listed on its web site that are the same or similar to the Feature Job. For example, a search for a job listing titled "Atlanta Customer Service" would return one link to Career Network, from which you can access AND apply for ALL of the customer services job listings in the greater Atlanta area.
- Reduces Risk of Expired Jobs - By using Feature Job listings, the risk of any specific job listings having expired is minimized. Instead, you are given the opportunity to apply for multiple employer posted jobs through Career Network's single application process. By contrast, if Career Network had listed only one job on another web site, and that job had been filled, you would not have learned about similar jobs in the Career Network data base that are still available.
- Job Listings Are Continuously Refreshed - A new job listing by an employer will be automatically included in Career Network's list of employer posted jobs that are similar to the Feature Job listing. Some of these employer posted jobs may be listed on the Company's site before the job listing is posted on other sites. Also, if a new employer advertises a related job which the Company has either not advertised before, or the specified job has very specific credential requirements that would not be feasible to advertise, such a job is immediately and readily available to you on the Company's site as a result of you responding to the Feature Job listing.
- Reduces Multiple Applications - Career Network's system further benefits job seekers by not requiring job seekers to complete multiple applications for various jobs they want to apply for. The job seeker simply clicks each specific actual job listing and the job seeker's application is automatically submitted to the corresponding employer. This process is similar to a shopping cart where you can put multiple items in the cart and then are only required to "checkout" once. In this case, you only have to complete one application which is submitted to each employer who corresponds to the multiple employer posted jobs you select.
- Allows Employers a Degree of Anonymity - Many employers prefer to post their jobs anonymously or limit their exposure on job boards for several reasons:
- Inclusion in a Feature Job can increase the employer's traffic while limiting their exposure on multiple job boards.
- They are replacing an existing employee and do not want the current employee aware of the advertisement.
- They do not want to be inundated with emails, faxes, and repetitive telephone calls or personal visits to their office.
- They do not want to allow their competitors to see their growth or expansion into other areas.
17. Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company and govern your use of the Services and Materials, superseding any prior version of this Terms and Conditions between you and the Company. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other Company services, affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software.
18. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement and the relationship between the parties will be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. The parties agree that any and all claims, causes of action or disputes (regardless of theory) arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the relationship between you and the Company shall be brought exclusively in the courts located in Orange county Florida or the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Orange county Florida or the Middle District of Florida, and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT HAS BEEN ENTERED INTO AT THE COMPANY'S PLACE OF BUSINESS IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA AND ANY LEGAL ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE COMMENCED AND TAKE PLACE IN ORANGE COUNTY FLORIDA.
19. Captions. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
20. Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services, Materials, or these Terms and Conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
21. Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Agreement remain in full force and effect.